By decree No. 1K-161 of 11 December 2019 of the President of the Republic of Lithuania, I was appointed a member of the State Commission on Cultural Heritage for a 4-year term.
The State Commission on Cultural Heritage is an expert and advisor to the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, the President of the Republic of Lithuania and the Government of the Republic of Lithuania on the issues of state policy for the protection of cultural heritage, its implementation, evaluation and improvement.
Tasks of the State Commission for Cultural Heritage:
1) to participate in the drafting of legislation regulating the policy and strategy for the protection of cultural heritage and to monitor its implementation;
2) to submit conclusions on the protection and condition of cultural heritage to the Seimas, the President of the Republic, the Government, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania, the Department of Cultural Heritage under the Ministry of Culture, municipal institutions and other state institutions;
3) to actualize cultural heritage in society;
4) to evaluate periodic reports on the status of World Heritage Sites in Lithuania submitted to the UNESCO World Heritage Committee;
5) to cooperate with Lithuanian and international institutions in solving topical cultural heritage problems.
By order No. ĮV-27 of 17 January 2020 of the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania, I was appointed a member of the Lithuanian Council of Architectural Art for the term of 3 years.
The tasks of the Lithuanian Council of Architectural Art are to contribute to the development of long-term policy of continuous architecture as a field of professional art and creative industries.
The functions of the Council shall be to submit proposals and recommendations to the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania and other institutions on the following issues:
1) architecture development, development programs, public funding priorities and sources;
2) preservation of architectural heritage;
3) strengthening the international competitiveness of the Lithuanian architecture industry;
4) promotion of Lithuanian architecture at home and abroad;
5) enhancing the quality of architecture studies;
6) preparation and / or improvement of the legal acts regulating the field of architecture;
7) dissemination of the importance of architectural quality;
8) other issues in the field of architecture submitted to the Council for consideration by the Minister of Culture.